How We Started…
Catch A Rising Star is a family owned and operated festival company led by Carol Adams. As an instructor myself, I was always looking for opportunities for my students to perform. I have been working in Central Alberta to promote dance in rural areas. As the dance industry grows in rural areas, a dance festival needs to be tailored to accommodate small town studios and smaller studios in general. Studios with similar programs are invited to our festivals. Most festivals, we often have access to, challenge us to compete with dancers from large city studios that are able to offer much more to their students. Small studios with similar attributes deserve their own festival without the strong competitive atmosphere. We want a fair and fun festival of our own. Our Tour includes GALAXY Dance Festivals as well as two dates for both Catch A Rising Star Dance Festivals and NOVA Dance Challenge.
We promise to keep our festivals running on our ‘advertised’ dates. We do not extend the festival to accommodate more entries. When our time capacity had been reach we cut off entries, so enter early to avoid disappointment!
We Offer 4 Levels For Dancers
- Novice Level for the beginner dancers
- Pre-Competitive level for any dancers 7 years of age and younger.
- Competitive Level for dancers training under 6 hours per week
- Accelerated Level for dancers training more than 6 hours per week.
**Note: Once a dancer has been entered as an accelerated entry they cannot return to the competitive category in the future.
Why Our Festivals?
- Our festivals are geared to award as many dancers as possible.
- We have adjudications approximately every 30 minutes.
- There is an average of one award in every four entries.
- There are plaques in every adjudication.
- On Stage Scholarships and Choreography awards in every group adjudication.
- All participants are awarded a medal with their on stage adjudication.
- Cash awarded at the Top Awards Ceremonies on the final day.
- Last year Catch A Rising Star handed out more than $100,000 in cash awards.